Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamey Weare Jamey Weare is offline

Default Intermittent Error - Method 'Add' of object 'HPageBreaks' failed

That got it... thanks so much. I did suspect that the ActiveCell
reference was the culprit, but couldn't find any other code that used a
different opject there and wasn't sure how to fix it.

Thanks again!

~Jamey

NickHK wrote:
You are writing this code in Access ?
If so, you can't use ActiveCell (an other unqualified Excel objects) and
.Selects are a bad idea.

So use
With xlWs
BotRow = .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row
Set xlRng = .Cells(BotRow + 3, 1)

If BotRow 13 Then
.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=xlRng
End If
End With

NickHK

"Jamey Weare" wrote in message
oups.com...
I get a compile error that selects the Add method, stating that an
argument is not optional. I have Access 2002 which I guess has a
different version of that method than you.
Anyone have any other ideas?

The code I have at the moment is:

BotRow = xlWs.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row

Set xlRng = xlWs.Cells(BotRow + 3, 1)
xlRng.Select

If BotRow 13 Then
xlWs.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=ActiveCell
End If

I have tried quite a few different ways of doing this, bt it still
fails intermitently. It always runs fine the first time through.

I get an error that either states that the Add method failed as stated
in the subject or I get a Run-Time error '1004': Application-defined or
object defined error. If I close the database and then run the code
again it works just fine.

Jamey Weare wrote:
I'll give that a shot... thanks.

NickHK wrote: