Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Pass the variable into the sub function

Hi,

AFAIK, its not possible to have a dynaimic function, but you can do this

Private Sub gentxtbox(byref X as integer, tbox as textbox)

intLnumber = X
'.... the tbox is optional but it allows you to access the textbox directly
if tbox.vlaue="Hello, World" then msgbox "Hello!"

'or you can just use the number as in
if me.controls("txtbox" & X).vlaue="Hello, World" then msgbox "Hello!"

End Sub

Private Sub txtbox1_AfterUpdate()
gentxtbox(1, me.txtbox1)
end sub

Private Sub txtbox2_AfterUpdate()
gentxtbox(2, me.txtbox2)
end sub

'....
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Richard" wrote:

Hello,

Hope some can help me here.

As you can see the example below, I want to write the Sub function only once
and able to run the sub function based which txtbox has been updated by a
user.

Assume X is the variable of the text box.

Can you help me to update "Private Sub txtbox"X"_AfterUpdate()" code, please?

Thank you for your help and time.

Example I have 10 text boxes, txtbox1, txtbox2, txtbox3,.....txtbox9, and
txtbox10.

Private Sub txtbox"X"_AfterUpdate()

intLnumber = X ' I want to run some coding here based which txtbox has
been updated.

End Sub