Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kaci kaci is offline

Default Look up Function

My master table look like this

Japan 12 51
Japan 18 42
US 20 30

Where Japan is Col A, 12 is Col B, and 51 is Col C.
When I use vlookup as "=VLOOKUP(Japan,Sheet1!A:F,2,0)", the first row
returns 12, and the second row returns 12 as well.

Please kindly advise.

"kaci" wrote:

Hello,

I have created a Master data worksheets, and one of the column in the master
worksheets indicates countries, for example Col A.
Then I have created a blank table in Worksheet 1, and in worksheet 1, column
B3 indicates the country code.
How can I look up the country code in Worksheet 1, then when the country in
worksheet 1 matches the Col A in the master worksheet, worksheet 1 will
display the data value of Col B, C, D, E in the maste worksheet. Same
countries appear different times in Col A of the master worksheet.

Do i need to write visual basic coding?

Million thanks.