Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] rama.kol@gmail.com is offline

Default Help writing macro for a lookup table

Sorry, I forgot to mention that, I am trying to write a macro that will
work for one product and that I can use for other products also (i.e.
loop for other products).
Thanks.

wrote:
All,
Here the column titles are Product, Name, Label, Time, Distance,
Quality, Type, Path. A,B,C ...etc and 1,2,3...etc signify the column
and row numbers. The Actual data is from A2:H13.
I want to write a macro that will first
1) Read the product Tac, then copy cell range C1:F1, paste it in he
same workbook on another worksheet (worksheet1) at a specified cell
location (say at A1), then copy cell range G1:H1 and paste it in same
workbook on another worksheet (worksheet2) at a specified cell location
(say B4).
2) Then go to next product Mac, copycell range C4:F7, paste it in the
same workbook on another worksheet (worksheet1) at a specified cell
location (say at A1) deleting the Tac data, then copy cell range G4:H5
and paste it in same workbook on another worksheet (worksheet2) at a
specified cell location (say B4) deleting the Tac data.
3) Likewise for Product Pac.
I have an empty row after each product as shown in the table below.

I would appreciate any help writing a macro for this lookup table.

A B C D E F G H
1 Product Name Label Time Dist Qual Type Path
2 Tac Taco L-type 25s 100m Ok Big C:\\test.xls
3
4 Mac Masm M-type 10s 200m good small C:\\file.xls
5 M-type 15s 100m bad med C:\\file2.xls
6 M-type 25s 250m OK
7 M-type 50s 50m good
8
9
10 Pac Packard K-type 20s 200m OK small C:\\file5.xls
11 K-type 15s 100m good med C:\\file8.xls
12 K-type 45s 250m good Big C:\\file9.xls
13 K-type 50s 50m bad

Thanks,
RJ.