Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dribler2 dribler2 is offline

Default any UDF for sum or rounded product

Thanks,
i tried it and the color red was gone, yet when i try to place it in a large
sheet, where the column data varies, the sumproduct was stock to the first
three data factors only...Maybe you can make it on a dynamic variable
range - for magic's sake.

waiting for your instruction.
dribler2

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

The newsgroup reader has subverted it onto 2 lines, it should just be one.

Try this variation of that line

mySP = Application.Caller.Parent.Evaluate("SUMPRODUCT(" & _
"ROUND(A1:A3*B1:B3," &dec & "))")

this REALLY is 2 lines.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"dribler2" wrote in message
Bob,

in VB, this line goes in red...i'm not good at correcting this..

mySP = Application.Caller.Parent.Evaluate("SUMPRODUCT(ROU ND(A1:A3*B1:B3,"
&
dec & "))")

thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Have you tried it?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"dribler2" wrote in message
hello,

from my previous unsolved post "need sumproduct", please try to
evaluate
this basic scenario

Still unknown,

From below new sample (e.g) i had tried the three(3) suggested formula.

[col A] [col B] [(An*Bn) = rounded product in 2decimals]

[$ 1.233 ] [ 33.22 ] [ $ 40.96 ]
[$ 0.245 ] [ 11.21 ] [ $ 2.75 ]
[$ 0.122 ] [ -3.215 ] [ $ -0.39 ]

from the above sample the sum of the product (2 decimals) = $43.32 (in
thousands...)

=ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:B3),2) result is [$43.31 < $43.32]

=SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(A1:A3,2),ROUND(B1:B3,2)) result is [$43.2767 <
$43.32]

=ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(A1:A3,2),ROUND(B1:B3,2)),2 ) result is [$43.28
<
$43.32]

(e.g) when you see some invoice or pay receipts, the product from two
factors are rounded off to 2 decimals. Such rounded product are summed
below
for the total. Such total is considered correct and is not disputed by
visual
check of accountants.

Now, the single formula I need is to do the work of totalling the
rounded
product, [ not to round the sum of the virgin products ]

I hope I make it clear that this question is not to lead any dispute on
round formula may-be errors on few decimals of factors.

thanks for your helping reply