Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan R. Dan R. is offline

Default Help with a simple Excel macro

I have an Excel macro that is running very slow... it's very simple
but I'm new to programming so the way I'm doing it is probably the
worst way... Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:

If the value in column 8 is "apple" then column 9 = "fruit" and
column 10 = "red"
If the value in column 8 is "broccoli" then column 9 = "vegetable
and column 10 = "green"

It runs very slow, plus it only continues with the loop when all rows
are filled, so if one row is blank, it wont fill any rows below it.

Here's how I'm doing it, is there a better way?

Sub CreateSelect()
Dim R As Integer
R = 3
Do While Not (IsEmpty(Cells(R, 8)))