Rick, United Kingdom

Thanks Bob for replying, but i got to the solution i needed. I "thought" I
needed to be careful of the length of each month as they are all different in
days. (As we all know) but as it turns out the formula that I am using it not
requiued to watch out for specific months.
It's kind of hard to explain i hope this helps you but thanks again anyway.
p.s i have stored you handy "if" formula. never know when it might come in
handy! :)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Rick,

I am not clear on what you want to do.

The number of days between two dates is simply

=end_date - start_date

But what exactly do you mean by the bit about month changes? You can check
if different months with

=IF(MONTH(start_date)<MONTH(end_date),"changed"," ")

--

HTH

RP

"Crusty" wrote in message
Ok, so i have an idea about setting up a workbook but i am using calender
days and i need to have excel count those days. i.e 08/15/2005 -

08/20/2005 =
5 days. now it doesn't matter about weekends and bank holidays. but i do

need
excel to be able to work out month changes.

Is this possible to do and how do you do it?
Extremely grateful

Rick