Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default bug in excel range naming?

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 02:41:38 +0100, "Michal AKA Miki"
wrote:

Good day

During my work with excel I found strange thing... I cannot name range
containing all 255 columns... When trying to do it from VBA, I have no range
defined, when I try to do it manually, range automatically is reducing to
254 (cut column A)..
Really strange

I tried to google something about it, but no results. It looks, that
microsoft does not allow to do it.. Am I right?

I checked in Excel 2000 and 2003...

Regards
Michal

I don't seem to have any problem doing this in Excel 2002

Insert/Name/Define
Row 1 Sheet1!1:1

=COLUMNS(Row1) -- 256

Or in VBA:

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Row2", RefersToR1C1:="=Sheet1!R2"
Debug.Print "Row2", Range("Row2").Address

Row2 $2:$2

--ron