Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Redirecting

You can have a macro that in the first workbook that opens the .CSV file and
then closes itself:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_Open()
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\my documents\excel\book1.csv"
ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

tishoo wrote:

Anyone know how to create a file which when opened by Excel 2003 causes it
to redirect itself and open a second (csv) file? I know how to get a web
browser to do this using http-equiv="REFRESH" but cannot do it within Excel.

Many thanks

Dave Peterson