Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Listbox value help needed

you can give this a try. it's a userform with 1 combobox and 2 textboxes.
when you enter or choose a value from the combobox, the values from that row in
columns B and C are entered into the 2 textboxes
if you don't want to fire on change, but when the combobox is exited, then use:
Private Sub ComboBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
as the first line instead.

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim lastrow As Long, frow As Long, rng As Range, rngfound As Range
Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")
lastrow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
frow = ws.Range("A1").Row
Set rng = ws.Range("A" & frow & ":A" & lastrow)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

With rng
On Error Resume Next
Set rngfound = .Find(What:=Me.ComboBox1.Value, LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole)
If Not rngfound Is Nothing Then
With Me
.TextBox1.Value = Range("B" & rngfound.Row)
.TextBox2.Value = Range("C" & rngfound.Row)
End With
Else
MsgBox "Item number not found."
Me.ComboBox1.Value = ""
Exit Sub
End If
End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Gary

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have what I think is going to be an easy (easier anyway) question. I
have an excel spreadsheet with about 1000 rows of data with 3 columns.
I have a userform setup with a combo box. What I would like to see, is
when a value from the combo box is entered (from column A) I would like
that value of a text box to show the item found in Column B of the same
row. So if the value is from A600, then the value in the textbox is
from B600.