Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rod Gill Rod Gill is offline

Default Writing macros to sequentially change the address of a cell in Exc

I always name the cell of the first title. So if my title is A4, I name A4.
I expect the first row of data to start at A5. This way, if anyone inserts
or delete a title row, my code continues to work. Then:

Sub NewData()
Dim Rng As Range
Dim NextCell As Range
Set Rng = Range("First Title")
If IsEmpty(Rng.Offset(1, 0)) Then
Set NextCell = Rng.Offset(1, 0)
Else
NextCell = Rng.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0)

Works well. This code also assumes that the first column of data always has
a value, otherwise the end method doesn't work. Note that End(xlDown) is the
same as Ctrl+Down.

--

Rod Gill

"Ken" wrote in message
I enter data into a spreadsheet on a daily basis and keep a sequential
record
of this data.

Rather than copy and paste to build up this historical data base I need a
macro that changes the cell address as new data is entered. This new
address
is the next line down in sequence for storing this historical information.

In other words if the last address was C55 after running the macro the
next
address would be C56 thence C57 if it is run again. So every time the
macro
is run it sequentially directs the data being stored into the next line.

I have used the Find function to get the first line for data storage but
rather than just searching for a key word it remembers the original cell
address and will not allow sequential recording to occur. What I need is
be able to change the cell address within the macro so future data can be
stored in subsequent cells.

Any assistance would be appreciated
--
Ken living downunder