Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arnold[_3_] Arnold[_3_] is offline

Default Complex--don't even know how to word the subject for this

Hi Mike

No, no blank rows between student names. Each cell in a class range is
a different student, or null cells (because some classes don't have the
max. no. of students.

And, each cell in a range will be a separate student--no dupes. But,
my ranges span multiple columns, like B15:H31 on the schedules wsheet.

Since I posted this this am, I've been searching posts, looking at
things like the find method, capturing column numbers or letters,
matching cells in ranges, etc. I wish I could draw a picture...

Let me try to re-word our desired result...

In each row of the Student info wsheet, at the end, I'd like to be 7
additional columns--one for each hour of the day. These would be
protected--the cell contents would come from the Schedules wsheet.
Once all the students are input into a range, such as Hour or Period
#2, the user could go back to the Student wsheet and see what class a
particular student would be in for each hour. But, the teachers'
names, given above each range on the Schedules wsheet, would be what
are visible in the 7 columns on the Student wsheet. Basically, we'd
like to quickly see what teacher to call to verify if a student is in
his or her class.