Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default cusotm formats

i was wondering if i should post that, but wasn't sure if that's what the op
wanted.

--

Gary

Dean

Put the space between = and " like "Total = "0

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:49:23 -0800, "Dean"
wrote:

I have a bunch of custom formats that I use that were created by others.
They have many symbols in them hyphens, #, etc, etc.

I also have learned how to have a number displayed with say "total =" in
front of it, but I only know how to do that for simple formats, such as an
integer. I tried modifying one of those custom formats with "total =" and a
spacebar in front of them, similar to how I use "total =" 0, when it is an
integer. But it did not work. So, the question is, if I want to modify an
existing custom format but just want to put some text in front of it, how do
I do that?

Thanks!
Dean