Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gert-Jan[_2_] Gert-Jan[_2_] is offline

Default Check if a optionbutton is selected

Thanks, this works fine for this moment.

Gert-Jan

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com schreef in bericht
if you only have 3 option buttons:

If Me.OptionButton1.Value = False And Me.OptionButton2.Value = False And _
Me.OptionButton3.Value = False Then MsgBox " you must select an option
button"

--

Gary

"Gert-Jan" wrote in message
.. .
I see what you want to do, but this is not what I want (and it also
doesn't work). In my userform I have three option buttons. Final
operation: check if one of the optionbuttons is clicked. If not: msgbox
"please select an option first"

Gert-Jan

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com schreef in bericht
maybe something like this, change userform1 to your userform name

Dim optionbuttom As Control
For Each OptionButton In UserForm1.Controls
If OptionButton.Value = True Then
MsgBox OptionButton.Caption & " = True"
End If
Next

--

Gary

"Gert-Jan" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Martin,

Thanks, but I know what I have to do. Isn't there a way to do this
simple and fast (not depending on the number of optionbuttons)?

Gert-Jan

"Martin Fishlock" schreef in
bericht ...
Hi,

You need to check each of the buttons for true.

Another way is to seta default for button1 to true in the form design
(or at
initialization).

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Gert-Jan" wrote:

Hi,

In a userform I use three optionbuttons. One of them must be selected
by the
user. How can let VBA check if this is done?

Regards, Gert-Jan