Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fid[_2_] Fid[_2_] is offline

Default Worksheet change event with cell linked to combo box result

I cannot use Data-List because that would require the list to be on the
same worksheet. The list I need to reference is on another worksheet.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Brent

Jim Jackson wrote:
What if, instead of the Combo-Box, you use a list. "Data/List/..." for the
source range of the choices. Then Data/Validation with K3 selected.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"Fid" wrote:

I have cell K3 that is linked to a combo box. When the user picks a
value out of the combo box K3 changes to that value.

I need to run code when the value of K3 changes. I have the following
code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo ws_exit
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("K3")) Is Nothing Then
Hide_RowsPoochPad
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

The worksheet_change event does not fire when the user selects an item
from the combo box and the value of K3 changes.

What do I need to do to get the code to run when the value of K3
changes? I tried using the combo box change event but that will not
suit my needs.

Thanks,

Brent