Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Newsgroup Reader Advice

I use a newsreader to go directly to the Usenet newsgroups. I find the web
portals tiresome, slow, inundated with bits of detail that I am not
interested in, and selective in what they show. Give me the direct approach
any day. There are many client applications that will access newsgroups,
Outlook Express, Forte Agent, to name but 2.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Zone" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am using Google on AOL to read and reply to posts in the Excel
newsgroups. I am told that I should use a "news reader" instead, but
apparently I don't get it. Now that Google seems to be taking over AOL
web browsing (AOL says it's using the Google Browser now), should I
just go with G-mail and a full Google-friendly approach? Any advice is
appreciated. James