Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Figuring out if a day is a legal holiday

I need to check to see if a date is a legal holiday or a Sunday. I know
about Workday(), with the holiday feature, but that also takes saturday into
account, and I need to pass a list of the holidays. Testing to see if Sunday
is easy, but it is the holidays that will cause me greif....

I will be checking for various years, so passingg a list of holidays is not
viable.

Is there a calculation to figure out the 10 legal holidays listed below:

New Years Day

Martin Luther King Day

Presidents Day

Memorial Day

Independence Day

Labor Day

Columbus Day

Veterans Day

Thanksgiving Day

Christmas Day

(I don't need Easter, as it is always on Sunday anyways)

Ideally, I would like to pass a date to it, and it would respond with the
legal holiday name, or return an empty string

Thanks!

Bruce