Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] christophe.leroquais@gmail.com is offline

Default Excel saving as textfile quotes issue

bob, I'm saving the file into the Text format and it contains quotes ""
that I don't want.
The PRN format does not caontain quotes but it inserts page feeds that
I don't want either.

Bob Flanagan a écrit :

It sounds like you are saving it as a CSV file. Doing that way makes it
comma delimited. As a cell entry contains a comma, the double quotes
prevent it from being treated as two separate values. Try saving it as a
TXT or a PRN file.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S. 19707

Phone: 302-234-9857, cell 302-584-1771
http://www.add-ins.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

i'm having an issue trying to save an excel file containing cells with
multiple values separated by commas.

for example, i have in a cell of the excel file:

myField1,myField2

I want to save it in a text file format and i'm not happy because the
resulting txt file is:

"myField1,myField2"

I do not want these "" in the text file. Is there a way to cope with
that?

Thank yiu