Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Detecting the workbook name on startup

If Nick's workbook suggestion does/can not work, may be :
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

NickHK

"bigmart" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done but I need to detect when a new workbook
of a given name (X) is created on Excel startup. If it is not that
workbook I need to continue as normal. If it is, I need to open another
named spreadsheet (Y), take sheet1 from the 1st spreadsheet (X) and
insert it after the last sheet in the other workbook (Y) and close (X).
I've been tearing my hair out trying to detect the name of the
spreadsheet (X) as Excel opens and haven't got any further than that.
Please help!!!

thanks

Mart