Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Automating copy-pasting of data values into a new spreadsheet layo

Sub CopyDatatoMaster()
Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
Dim lrow as Long
with Workbooks("Source.xls").Worksheets(1)
set rng = .Range("A1").currentRegion
' if headers in the sheet
' set rng = rng.Offset(1,0).Resize(rng.rows.count-1)
end with
With workbooks("Master.xls").Worksheets(1)
lrow = .Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup).row + 1
for each cell in rng
.cells(lrow,1).Value = cell.Value
lrow = lrow + 1
next
End With
End Sub

Adjust to fit the actual names and locations

Tom Ogilvy

"mjarantilla" wrote in message
Ok, here's the deal:
I have two spreadsheets. One is the "master" spreadsheet that needs to be
updated, while the second spreadsheet is a basic report that contains all
the
most up-to-date data. I need to import the second spreadsheet's data into
the
master, but the problem is that the two have different formats.

The second spreadsheet contains data organized into four columns (Column
A,
B, C, and D):
A1 B1 C1 D1
A2 B2 C2 D2
A3 B3 C3 D3

However, in order to copy-paste the data straight into the master
spreadsheet, I need all the data in the second spreadsheet in a SINGLE
column. I need to convert the format specified above and put all the data
into the Column A, in the following sequence:
A1
B1
C1
D1
A2
B2
C2
D2
A3
B3
C3
D3

And so on and so forth for about 5,000 lines.

Can anyone help me with the coding for this?