Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rawce Rawce is offline

Default Run-Time Chart Only Displays Even DataLabels

Hello All,

I'm trying to programmatically add data labels to a chart that is also
created programmatically. I've used the following to go through the
SeriesCollection(iSeries) added elsewhere in the subroutine:

Dim ptsPoint As Points
Dim ptsCount As Integer
Dim iCountPoints As Integer
Set ptsPoint = chartMyChart.SeriesCollection(iSeries).Points
ptsCount = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("Results").Columns (1))
For iCountPoints = 1 To ptsCount
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).HasDataLabel = True
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).ApplyDataLabels Type:=xlDataLabelsShowValue
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.HorizontalAlignme nt = xlLeft
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.VerticalAlignment = xlTop
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.Position = xlLabelPositionBelow
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.Orientation = xlUpward
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.Font.Size = 6
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.Text =
Sheets("Results").Cells(iCountPoints, 1).Value
ptsPoint(iCountPoints).DataLabel.ShowValue = True
iCountPoints = iCountPoints + 1
Next

This works fine but the chart only shows the even data labels. So, if
there were five points based on the values in column A of the Results
sheet that read:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

Only Monday, Wednesday and Friday would be shown on the chart itself.
I've tried reducing the font or just temporarily putting a "." instead
of the values in column A (so the chart is less cluttered), but that
doesn't seem to make a difference. I've tried forcing it using the
..DataLabel.ShowValue = True, but that hasn't made any difference
either. Any advice?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers,

Ross.