Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Location of mscal.ocx

If you went to the site I posted and clicked the link to download the file you
would have seen this message.........

Copy the File to the Correct Folder

After downloading the file, unzip it and copy the mscal.ocx file (and its
associated help file if you require it) to the correct location on your
computer. This location depends upon which version of Windows you are using:

For Windows 95, 98 and ME this is C:\Windows\System

For Windows NT, 2000, XP it is C:\Windows\System32

Installations of Windows can vary so check for the correct location of the
System or System32 folder before you proceed.

Register the Control

The final step is to tell the Windows Registry that you have installed the file.
This ensures that your programs can find it. Click Start then Run and type:
regsvr32 mscal.ocx and click OK:

Gord

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:52:42 -0500, "M. Authement" wrote:

Thanks Gord. Any thoughts on my other questions about where the control
should be installed/registered and whether it matters if this location is
different from one machine to the next?

.. .
mscal.ocx is installed only if the version of MS Office used contains
Access.

You can download mscal.ocx from here.

http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:51:44 -0500, "M. Authement"
wrote:

I know this is not strictly and Excel question, but it does involve an
application I am developing in Excel. I used mscal.ocx (version 11) on a
userform and when I look at the references it is located in c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11...no problem. Some of my users do not
have
this control, so when I Googled for more info, most of what I found says
that it should be installed in C:\Windows\System32 (I do have version 8 of
mscal.ocx located there). My question is this: does it matter where it is
installed/registered? If users have it installed/registered in system32
will they be able to open my .xla even though it is installed/registered
in
Office 11 on my computer? Would they still use regsvr32 mscal.ocx to
register it no matter where it is located? Should I unregister/delete
version 8 and move/re-register version 11 to the system32 folder? Thanks
for your help (btw, I am using WinXP, Office 2003).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP