Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
M. Authement M. Authement is offline

Default Location of mscal.ocx

I know this is not strictly and Excel question, but it does involve an
application I am developing in Excel. I used mscal.ocx (version 11) on a
userform and when I look at the references it is located in c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11...no problem. Some of my users do not have
this control, so when I Googled for more info, most of what I found says
that it should be installed in C:\Windows\System32 (I do have version 8 of
mscal.ocx located there). My question is this: does it matter where it is
installed/registered? If users have it installed/registered in system32
will they be able to open my .xla even though it is installed/registered in
Office 11 on my computer? Would they still use regsvr32 mscal.ocx to
register it no matter where it is located? Should I unregister/delete
version 8 and move/re-register version 11 to the system32 folder? Thanks
for your help (btw, I am using WinXP, Office 2003).