Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pops Jackson Pops Jackson is offline

Default Code to instruct "Insert new disk"

You are right on the button. Using AvailableSpace I can write the lines
needed to trigger the msgbox and allow changing discs.

Thanks,
--
Pops Jackson

"JakeyC" wrote:

Jim Jackson wrote:
I have searched VBA Help and this forum but cannot find any hint to what I
need. I have written a routine that backs up selected file types to the
drive chosen by the user. I found that, when including jpeg files, the CD
fills up rather quickly.

The macro hung up and I was forced to re-boot to regain control. Is there
code that will recognize that the next file is too large for the available
space and allow a change of disks?

Thanks.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

An interesting problem. I've never tried automating saving to multiple
disks, but perhaps you could work around the problem by first knowing
the capacity of the drive/disk, then, explicitly save each file one at
a time, but whilst detecting their respective sizes (search for info on
using the FileSystem object for this).

As soon as you encounter a file that exceeds the remaing capacity of
the disk, you can enter a DoEvents loop after prompting the user to
swap the disks, then continue from the file you left off at once the
disk is changed.