Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kent McPherson[_2_] Kent McPherson[_2_] is offline

Default select based on 2 columns?

I tried this:

=SUMPRODUCT((Results="2-In progress"),(Sector="I"),TCV)

but I get a #NUM! error.

I can't use autofilters because this has to work without any human
intervention.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
=sumproduct(--(Results="xxx"),--(Sector="yyy"),TCV)

Tom Ogilvy

"Kent McPherson" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with many rows. I want to sum a column based on the
contents of another column. No problem. With this formula, I can do
that:

=SUMIF(Results,"2-In progress",TCV) where Results and TCV are named
ranges.

Now I want to complicate this by adding another layer of filtering. For
all
cells that match the above criterion, I want to add another test that
says I
only want a subset of these records that match a string in another
column.
So I want to add the TCV for all cells that match "xxx" in the range
Results
further refined by matching the cells that match "yyy" in the range
Sector.

I have tried many variations on formulas but can't seem to find a
combination that works. Any idea?