Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nik[_3_] Nik[_3_] is offline

Default Macro to go to last cell in a column

excelnut1954 wrote:
Currently, I have this simple macro to find the next empty row to paste
input from a user.

Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, -1).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Works fine. But, I'd like to have it go to a range name, which would be
the column header, then go to row 65536, then up. Something like this:
Application.Goto Reference:="Column Header"
Range("65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, -1).Select '*** took B out of the
range reference***
ActiveSheet.Paste

I know it won't work like this, since I took the "B" out of the Range.
But, I want to eliminate the column letter reference, in case of a
redesign later, where I move columns.
Can I have it as simple as the original macro above, but without the
column letter?
Thanks,
J.O.

Is there data in every cell to the left of the one you want to paste in?
I don't use named ranges, but how about finding the intersect of
range("a65536").end(xlup).entirerow
and
named_range.entirecolumn?

Nik