BizMark BizMark is offline
Member

Location: London

Ah!!!!! Thanks guys, that was another one on my list of long-forgotten 'Want to do's.

I'll definitely have a use for that.

Here's a slightly different question related to this though.

I wanted one of my macros to sense whether a workbook (or document in Word) was a version opened from an e-Mail attachment. It did this by doing an Instr() for "\Documents and Settings\" or "\Temporary Internet Files\" in the Fullname.

If returning a match, I would display a warning indicating to the user that they should open the original source file rather than making edits to the attached version as their changes would not be stored in the right place (a good idea you might think, but my users hated it because they believe changes SHOULD be made to e-Mail attachments rather than on the server; nothing like people who refuse to be taught ... but I digress)...

Anyway, I wanted to go a step further and provide a macro to run manually to do a FileSearch for folders in that user's D+S and Temp Internet folders, display them in a combobox so that they could review recently opened attachment files and re-open them, so that they could re-save them manually (less of a Big Brother approach). However I found that performing a FileSearch on these directories always seems to return no matches.
I don't know whether this is a Network Admin System Policy or whether files in these folders are tagged as 'System (Hidden) Files'.

In either case, is there any way around this?

BizMark