Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected][_2_] thesquirrel@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default URGENT! How to read value in pivot table

not sure i like the browbeating, and I have no knowledge of pivot
tables, but where are you getting your error? You state that its a
type mismatch, where is the mismatch?

theSquirrel

stoppal wrote:
I guess no one is smart out there or up to a challenge. This should be
rather simple. I'm surprised no one is has the brain power to answer
it.

stoppal wrote:
Is no one smart enough to know this?

stoppal wrote:
There must be someone that know's how to do this? I keep getting a
type mismatch, which is why I need to figure out how to reference the
pivot table cell not the normal cell.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Dim icolor As Integer

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("Q1:Q500")) Is Nothing Then

Select Case Target
Case "1/1/2001" To "12/31/2001" '2001

icolor = 6

Case 37257 To 37621 '2002

icolor = 12

Case 37622 To 37986 '2003

icolor = 7

Case 37987 To 38352 '2004

icolor = 53

Case 38353 To 38717 '2005

icolor = 15

Case 38718 To 39082 '2006

icolor = 42

Case 39083 To 39447 '2007

icolor = 45

Case 39448 To 39813 '2008

icolor = 47

Case Else
'Whatever
End Select

Target.Interior.ColorIndex = icolor

stoppal wrote:
PLEASE ANY ONE! Does anyone know how to reference the cells of a pivot
table?

stoppal wrote:
Hi,

I need some help. trying to use VB to read the value of a pivot table
so I can conditional format the cells. I know how to conditional
format using VB on normal cells, but I don't know how for pivot tables.
How can I reference values from a pivots table?

thank you