Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Corey Corey is offline

Default ScreenUpdating = False not working

you could try moving it down below the : Worksheet.Visible = xlSheetVisible
' line
see if that does anything

"BOBODD" wrote in message
Im using this code when my workbook opens:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 8
Sheets(i).Visible = xlVeryHidden
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Worksheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
Worksheet.Visible = xlSheetVisible
Next
ClientDetails.Show
End Sub

The first For loop is only there for testing. Eventually this loop will be
run when the program is closed.

The problem is that although I have the "Application.ScreenUpdating =
False"
there, Excel still shows the sheets being unhidden, along with any updates
made. I've checked my entire program, and there are ScreenUpdating = True
statements to change things. What else would cause this?