Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Milligan Mike Milligan is offline

Default Listbox none selected feature

I thought of listindex, but ListIndex cannot be used with a 'multiselect'
listbox, which I have.

Thanks anyway.
Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have used this code before to determine if there is a selection:

If Me.lstManager.ListIndex = -1 Then
MsgBox "You don't have a Manager selected, please make a
selection and try again.", _
vbExclamation, "Make a Selection"
End If

This doesn't count the number of selections, but does detect if there
is a selection.

You can also use this:

If Me.lstManager.Selected = True then
'Do this code
End if

If selected = true, at least one value is selected. Likewise, if
selected = false, no selections have been made. This however only
applies to list boxes with multiselect = true.

Hope that helps

theSquirrel

On Dec 12, 10:25 am, "Mike Milligan" wrote:
It seems that there is no property for determining if a listbox
(multiselect) has at least one selection. Browsing this board I find the
common method below for accomplishing the task, but was surprised that no
property exists. Is it true?

For i = 0 to .listcount - 1
If .selected(i) = true then
'do something'