Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RealmSteel[_2_] RealmSteel[_2_] is offline

Default Populate a Userform from an existing Record.

This is what I did.
My user form actually pulled data from 2 different worksheets.
You could modify it to pull from your database record

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Worksheets("RFI LOG").Unprotect
' Read initial values from RFI LOG:
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("RFI LOG").Activate
txtJobNum.Text = Cells(8, 3).Value
txtJobName.Text = Cells(8, 5).Value
txtContractor.Text = Cells(9, 3).Value

' Read initial values from Template:
Sheets("Template").Visible = True
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Template").Activate
txtAuthor.Text = Cells(10, 9).Value
txtSendTo.Text = Cells(11, 2).Value
txtCopyTo.Text = Cells(12, 2).Value
End Sub

On Dec 10, 8:48 pm, "Dooley007" wrote:
I am making a database that will contain about 1500 records when it is
completed. I have need to go back into certain Records and make
corrections to the data. I have been able to select the record (by
searching for the Last Name) I want to change but I would like to
re-populate a userform with the existing data and then make any
necessary revisions. Then I will add the revised record back into its
original place.

I can't seem to get the info back into a userform so that my program
will run and make the changes to approprate cells. Any help would be
greatley appreciated.

I hope this is clear enough and someone with more programming knowledge
will be able to help.