Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kweenie Kweenie is offline

Default Open file with VBA

You can achieve that by creating a hyperlink.
Right-click in a cell.
Choose Hyperlink and navigate to the desired program.

Regards

Piet

Otto Moehrbach schreef:

Ankur
Thanks for responding. That doesn't work. The error message says that
the requested file is not an Excel-compatible file. The file I want to open
is:
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe"
I tried your method also with the following: (Outlook Express)
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
Thanks again. Otto
"ankur" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi Otto,

Try..

Sub test()

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\ThePath\FileName.xxx"

End Sub

Regards
Ankur
www.xlmacros.com

Otto Moehrbach wrote:

Excel XP & Win XP
I know how to open an Excel Workbook file.
What I want to do is open a non-Excel file when I know the full file
name:
"C:\ThePath\FileName.xxx"
Thanks for your time. Otto