Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
None None is offline

Default Custom Mouse over Cell Event Help

LOL I am writing a budgeting/Debt reduction program in excel with VBA.
I changed the time and date to test some code and forgot to chance it
back. Thanks for letting me know.

The Selction change event will not help, unless they select the cells.
This will not be allowed, as the cells I want to have comments for are
the column headers. The will be locked and unselectable.

Somehow excel must track where the mouse is, as it knows when to
display the in cell comments.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:06:11 +0800, "NickHK"
wrote:

You should fix your system clock as you are currently posting next year.

But there is no mouse or "ShowComment" events on the worksheet.
What about using the _SelectionChange event ?

NickHK

"None" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know of any "Mouse over cell events?" Here is what I want to
do:

I want to create my own custom cell comments. I will have a few cells
merged and refer to them as my Comment Text Cell. I want to be able to
check if the mouse is moved over certain cells, and then have the
assigned text show up in my Comment Text Cell.