Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Creating Pivot tables by VBA for varying amounts of data

Dim rng as Range
With Worksheets("Data")
set rng = .Range(.Cells(3,1),.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup))
End with
set rng = rng.Resize(,22)
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add( _
SourceType:=xlDatabase, _
SourceData:=rng.Address(1,1,xlR1C1,True)

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have to create a number of pivot tables from the same block of data, and
repeat this with new data four weeks later etc. Data is always in the
range ("A3:V" & x) where x varies each 4 weeks.
I have successfully in the past substituted "selection" for the R1C1 range
created in a recorded macro for

'ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlData base,
SourceData:=Selection)'

but this is now coming up with a "type mismatch" error.
If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. I am using Office XP.

TIA

Paul

--
Paul at preeve dot plus dot com