Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Offset problem

Patrick,

I just tried it again and it worked for me fine.

Did you clear the old data and select the area?

Try remarking the on error to see if you have an error.

Otherwise post your code and I will have a look again.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

"Patrick Simonds" wrote:

This does not seem to put the value in all the offset cells, only the first
one.

"Martin Fishlock" wrote in message
Patrick:

You need to get the rows of the range that is currently selected:

lRowStart = Selection.row
lRowEnd = lRowStart + selection.rows.count - 1

and the column

lColumn = selection.column + 26

and then you can use

range(cells(lRowStart,lColumn), cells(lRowEnd,lColumn)).Value
= ListBox1.List(ListBox1.ListIndex, 4)

Private Sub OK_Click()
Dim lRowStart As Long, lRowEnd As Long, lColumn As Long

ThisWorkbook.Activate

On Error GoTo Sub1

lRowStart = Selection.row
lRowEnd = lRowStart + selection.rows.count - 1
lColumn = selection.column + 26

Selection = ListBox1.List(ListBox1.ListIndex, 0)
Range(cells(lRowStart,lColumn), cells(lRowEnd,lColumn)).Value _
= ListBox1.List(ListBox1.ListIndex, 4)
ListBox1.ListIndex = 0

Sub1:

Unload EmployeeList

Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

"Patrick Simonds" wrote:

As you can tell I use the code to place the contents of a Listbox into
the
active cell and a cell 27 cells to the right. If I select a range of
cells
(say A1 - E1) the ListBox content is placed in all selected cells but
only
once in the cell 27 to the right of the first cell selected. I want a
value
placed in the 27th cell from each of the selected cells.

Private Sub OK_Click()

ThisWorkbook.Activate

On Error GoTo Sub1

Selection = ListBox1.List(ListBox1.ListIndex, 0)
ActiveCell(1, 27).Value = ListBox1.List(ListBox1.ListIndex, 4)
ListBox1.ListIndex = 0

Sub1:

Unload EmployeeList

End Sub