Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
musa.biralo musa.biralo is offline

Default copy chart from one sheet to other.

Martin!,
Thanks a bunch.

i will really appreciate your help. I will be pleased if you can make
the copying chart faster. i have very simple straight line chart and
just trying to copy the chart from one sheet to another in short time.
with the command i posted at the top there is a time lag of about 1-2
sec.......i know this is not a big time but still trying to get
faster...

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
musa.biralo

Martin Fishlock wrote:
Musa,

For the positioning of the chart try:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(namechart).Left = 10
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(namechart).Top = 10

instead of

ActiveSheet.Shapes(namechart).IncrementLeft 265.5
ActiveSheet.Shapes(namechart).IncrementTop -116.25

regarding your copy and past I'm not sure as I don't know what your chart
looks like but it may be due to the links and the formula that you have
recalculating.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

"musa.biralo" wrote:

Hi,
i have one chart on each sheet. i record a macro to copy chart from one
sheet to other. when i run the macro...it's taking a while to
copy....will you please help me to make it faster. my other problem is
to paste the chart at specific x,y or at say B5. how can i do that...

(i tried using sendkeys "^C" but its not working...for some reason...)

Worksheets("a").ChartObjects(1).Copy

Sheets("b").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate
namechart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Name
ActiveSheet.Shapes(namechart).IncrementLeft 265.5
ActiveSheet.Shapes(namechart).IncrementTop -116.25

recording macro gave me these lines but sometime it's pasting at one
place and some time at other...
is there a way to paste at specific x,y or near to cell B5?

Thanks you so much for your help.
musa.biralo