Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Help with drop down selection list box

Yes.

Use a ComboBox from the Control Toolbox Menu. Place your part numbers in a
range of cells. Example:
In Z1 enter FX1999 and in Z2, FX2000, etc.

Then, after you have drawn your ComboBox, right-click and select properties.
Set the ListFillRange to Z1:Z4. You can adjust that as necessary if there
are more than 4 part numbers. Then set the LinkedCell to Sheet1!C2

HTH,
Paul

"joecrabtree" wrote in message
oups.com...
To all,

I have a set of part numbers:

FX1999
FX2000
FCG344
FHJ7867

I want to be able to have a drop down box or list type of thing that
allows the user to select one of these parts. I then want the part
number to be shown in cell C2 of sheet1. I would prefer an answer that
uses a Macro as opposed to defining names/lists etc, and would like the
box to be placed where I choose it on the spreadsheet. i.e. not linked
to a cell like the data validation-lists approach. Is this possible? I
was thinking of using a combo box or list box.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Regards

Joseph Crabtree