Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
davegb davegb is offline

Default modifying a macro with a macro

Dave Peterson wrote:
But are you the only person who will run them?

No, another person will be running them. Does that make a difference?
She doesn't write code, so she won't be modifying them. It's a special
app that only she uses for one specific purpose in one specific
spreadsheet.

davegb wrote:

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Tip: You can check this setting with code if you want

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Thanks for all your replies. I must have misunderstood the previous
posts on this topic. Will continue my research to see if this is
feasible.

As for access to the macros, they're all written by me, so I shouldn't
have any problem there.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
One thing to consider is that xl2002 offered the user more security.

There's an option under: Tools|Macro|Security|Trusted Publishers

If the user chooses to not "trust access to Visual Basic Project", then
your
code will have trouble making changes.

This setting is a user-by-user setting. Your code can't change it.

davegb wrote:

I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson