Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default Slicing and Dicing 1 Cell

Hi
This will parse out the four text strings ether side of the colons:
Dim TextStrings(1 to 4) as String
Temp = QueryString 'your query output
For i = 1 to 3
TextStrings(i) = Left(Temp, Instr(Temp, ":")-1)
Temp = Right(Temp,Len(Temp)-Instr(Temp, ":"))
next i
TextStrings(4) = Temp

You could do the same thing with each TextStrings(i) based on the " "
rather than the ":". Now extract the bits you want.
regards
Paul

Justin wrote:

So I want to take information that I get via a web query in Excel and
break it up.
The data currently looks like this:
InternalIP:Port ExternalIP:80 OUT masqueraded to FirewalIP:29176
timeout 6555
I would like to have each column give me this data:
InternalIP
InternalIP Port
External IP
In/Out
FirewallIP Port

The first part is easy, I can just do left(13) or so. But I would
rather do this programmatically so that it automatically updates
spreadsheet B with the new data after spreadsheet A does an import.
Ideally, I would like it to run a DNS lookup as well.

Any thoughts? If it's easier, I might just write a program to do it.