David R. Norton MVP

"Harlan Grove" wrote in:

David R. Norton MVP wrote...
"Harlan Grove" wrote in: ...
And how many computer shop employees know how to remove passwords from
Office documents?

Every one I've ever encountered.

Then your experience is either severely outdated or unrepresentative.

No, you're just being argumentative.

So all an IP thief would need to do is make a copy of a file, take it
home, copy it onto his own PC, call the shop and tell them his impish
nephew Bobby was playoing around on his PC and password protected his
customer list? And that proves legal access how?

Pretty hard to discuss anything with one who won't read or comprehend, we'll
drop this one. But it's really not that difficult.

But at least you recognized the issue of cost, which was the OP's original
concern.

And you fail to realize the major point that cost is completely immaterial.
The OP will have to pay whatever the going rate may be.

Perhaps cost is immaterial to you.

It's not immaterial to me, it's immaterial to this discussion. Everyone
would like to have everything free, if that's not possible then you have to
pay whatever the price might be.

Other than displaying your self-conceived sense of moral superiority,
why did you bother participating in this thread? Clearly not to help
the OP.

No, just to point out your very disturbing lack of morals. But you probably
won't understand that, either. You'll make some more silly comments about
"net nannies" and continue to belittle people who don't believe in stealing.

I'm done with you.

--
David R. Norton MVP