Dave Peterson

There's lots of free info at MS.

VBScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...c/vbstutor.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...oad/vbsdoc.exe
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...load/jsdoc.exe
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...ost/wshdoc.exe
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...ets/wscdoc.exe

(saved from a long time ago.)

And from another post I've kept:

WSH 2.0 Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...utorialTOC.htm
WSH Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...ce/default.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...ost/wshdoc.exe

VBScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...c/vbstutor.htm
VBScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...fo/vbsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...oad/vbsdoc.exe

FileSystemObject User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...jsFSOTutor.htm
VBScript Run-Time Library Reference [FileSystemObject/Dictionary]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/.../VBSFSOTOC.htm

JScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...UsersGuide.htm
JScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...nfo/jsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...load/jsdoc.exe

WSC Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...c/lettitle.htm
WSC Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...serverdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/...ets/wscdoc.exe

In fact, there are newsgroups that are devoted to scripting. You could search
google for common questions and post questions when you can't find answers.

BizMark wrote:

Dave,

That's great - I've been looking for a way to do this for a long time
too (I have been wanting to write a routine which recurses through a
chunk of folders and print all the files in each one *in order* - all
that remains now is seeing if I can access the standard Windows 'File -
Print' function or DDE message using SHELL or some such).

Does anybody else dread trying to find out the methods and properties
available in the Scripting.FileSystemObject? I've never found a way to
browse the methods of referenced objects or display help on them.

Is there a way, or is it in some optional help file that's not included
in Typical Install? Or does it entail buying an expensive reference
book from Microsoft Press?

BizMark

--
BizMark