Debra Dalgleish

The Accounting format that's applied with the Comma button includes a *
character, followed by a space. That adds space characters to the
format, to fill the column width, which is why you can't centre it.

Trey wrote:
Hi Dave --

Thanks for the insight and suggestions. After tinkering a bit -- I saw that
-- yes -- the comma button does do the standard accounting format whereas if
you go into Format Cells Number Tab Number selection in the toolbar and
then click on the "Use 1000 separator" box. When I do that -- I get my commas
with no change in justification. So -- I'm doing that for now. A little
ham-handed -- but it gets what I want done. When I have more time -- I'll do
something more effective like what you have suggested.

Thanks again!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List