Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Open Excel file from the web

Damo:

I'm not sure but it may be because for the none excel items you invoke a
new object whereas for excel you do not specify the excel object try
referencing the full excel object like you did for the word and power point
links.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

"Damien" wrote:

I have an Excel application that contains a number of buttons that have code
behind them which opens various documents (word docs, powerpoint
presentations and excel workbooks). The issue that I have is that when the
application is promoted to Internet Explorer I can only open the word and
p.p. items and not the excel w/books.

the usual :
Workbooks.Open "file and path name"
does not work.