Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PapaDos PapaDos is offline

Default Check My Code Please - Execute Access Macro

I guess you are not using Access as a front end to an SQL database ?
Then don't use the "OpenAccessProject" method, use "OpenCurrentDatabase"
instead...

Luc.

"Festina Lente"

"Lythandra" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to import in a rather complicated series of queries from Access
into Excel.

I have set a macro up in the Access database which works fine when I run it
from Access.

What I am trying to do is get this macro to run from within a specific Excel
file.

Here is my code which I found on here by searching:

Sub RunAccessMacro()
Dim appAcc As Access.Application
Set appAcc = New Access.Application
appAcc.Visible = True
appAcc.OpenAccessProject ("C:\Test.mdb")
appAcc.DoCmd.RunMacro ("mcr Export To Excel WIP")
appAcc.Quit
Set appAcc = Nothing
End Sub

I have also set a reference up within Excel using (Tools - References -
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library).

Now what is happening is that Excel is opening up Access just fine but not
the actual specific database. I have even simplified the database location
and name just to test it.

Does anyone see anything wrong with what I am doing?

Thanks