Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dana DeLouis Dana DeLouis is offline

Default code?

... it won't let me choose "module" or anything else
for that matter. What gives?

I would just be guessing, but maybe vba wasn't installed.
Try Control Panel - Add-Remove Programs.
Under my own Microsoft Office, I have an "Office Shared Features." One
sub-option here is "Visual Basic for Applications."
I installed everything, so I'm not sure if vba is installed by default or
not.
Again, just a guess.

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"ducati" wrote in message
Thanks Tom. I tried it but it won't let me choose "module" or anything
else
for that matter. What gives?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Do Alt+F11 and this will take you to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)

Go to the menu and choose Insert=Module

Put your code in the module.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials
Links to VBA tutorials follow the general Excel tutorials

Tom Ogilvy

"ducati" wrote:

ok, how do I enter code in excel?