Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel 2007 Text Box

Bill

I believe that was broken in all beta releases, it is now fixed on RTM

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello,
I am trying to add a text box to the bottom left portion of a chart using
Excel 2007 (the trial version downloaded from Microsoft). I could do this
with Excel 2003 using the following code:

Chheight = ActiveChart.ChartArea.Height
Chtleft = ActiveChart.ChartArea.Left
ActiveChart.TextBoxes.Add(Chtleft, Chheight, 10, 10).Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "This is my text"
Selection.autosize = true

With Excel 2007, it will not place the text box below the x axis, no
matter what value I put in for Chheight. And, I get an error message when
trying to autosize the text box.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Bill