Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] robert.hatcher@l-3com.com is offline

Default Iterate through Names for text

I need to search through the Named Ranges in a sheet and for the ones
that contain certain text, in this case "IMP" then I need to set a
conditonal format to the range. I have the conditonal formating part
working but Im having trouble iterating through the names for the text

My code is

Dim zNmRng

For Each zNmRng In ActiveSheet.Names ' Iterate through names.
If zNmRng = Cells.Find(what:="IMP", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False) Then

'Conditional formating code goes here

End If
Next

I am obviously using the find method incorrectly

I also want to have a second condition if, the first conditon is true
then I need to see if the name has "ID" in the name and if so skip
the code. Im sure that once I figure out how to do the first part, the
second is just a mater of nesting.

Here are some examples of the named ranges:

IMP_100_Hz ---- do
LC_100_Hz ------ Skip
IMP_ID ------------ Skip
IMP_20K_Hz ---- do