CLR

Thank you again Bill......

I have about 40 sheets each with about 300 VLOOKUP formulas on them. They
must calculate to be current, then need not re-calculate unless there is a
need to re-evaluate them.....similar to what you say. I can clear them all
and re-load the formulas programmatically when updating, so will probably
take this new advice also and just delete the formulas when not in use and
load them only when needed......that ought to really slim things down.....

I appreciate you taking the extra time to mention this.....thanks again.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from addre" wrote:

CLR wrote:
that did the trick.......kind of aggravating to have to do that, but it did
solve the "save-time" problem.

Thank you muchly kind Sir........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

--------------------------

You're quite welcome. There's one other trick that I use which may or may not
apply to your case. My large files are typically lots of sheets deep. Each
sheet has a large block of data and then appended off to the right are several
columns of involved, ugly calculations based on that data -- and some data from
a couple of other sheets. Once it's calculated though, it never really changes
again for that sheet.

In this case, once the sheet is calculated I copy the sheet and then paste it
back onto itself using PasteSpecialValues. This gets rid of a thousand long
formulas and replaces them with the simple numbers that they evaluated to. Only
the most recent few sheets are left in their full formulaic glory. Doing this
makes the file much smaller to store, and much faster to calculate if a full
recalc is done.

Good luck...

Bill