Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Creating Windows Message Service Alert

Steve,
As long as the Messenger service is running on the required computers:
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/network/n...buffersend.htm

NickHK

"SteveC" wrote in message
I do not know exactly what this alert is called -- its the kind of alert

that
is seldomly used -- you usually see it when the network admin has an
emergency announcement that it will shut down all computers in 5 min. A

few
years ago spammers found a way to get hold of this alert service in

windows
and most people permanently disabled it. This alert is basically a

message
box, but I think is tied to the operating system, not any office program

or
vba.

Anyhow, if you know what I'm describing -- how to create this type of an
alert from an Excel macro. I got a lot of great help regarding sound

alerts
and email alerts yesterday -- wondering now if I could instead create a
"message box alert" that I can send to specific user on the network,

assuming
I know the user names.

Thanks very much for your help.

SteveC