Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Chart or Shape Object: A Place To Stash A Few Bytes?

Per Jon Peltier:
Actually, to me it sounded like a fine idea to create and position the chart
all at once. In fact, using mySheet.ChartObjects.Add() does both at once;
check the documentation or look for it he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...kChartVBA.html

I thought so too... but the invisible text box solution is working a-ok for me
and I'm going to stick with what I've got until the user sees some output that
they like.

By then, I'll have some elapsed time logging in the process and when I go back
to optimize that'll be a good time to make the big change. That way I'm
covered in case the big change takes too long and the user needs the output
ASAP.....
--
PeteCresswell